July 31 at 7:00 pm
806 Lyons Blvd,
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
August 8 at 7:00 pm
2001 Parkway Blvd,
Stafford, VA 22554
September 4 at 7:00 pm
Oak Grove Baptist Church
414 Decatur Road,
Stafford, VA 22554
September 12 at 7:00 pm
White Oak Rescue Squad
535 White Oak Rd,
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Forum and Report Meeting
October 2 at 6:00 pm – 9:00pm
Stafford Regional Airport
95 Aviation Way, Fredericksburg, VA 22406
What We are Hearing…(updated)—we want to hear more!
- Stafford has long history of history and community—and “we cherish” our history.
- Participants desire places that allow for sense of community to grow—to celebrate common history and future
- We want to explore more opportunities to engage youth in our dialogue and future
- Stafford is a community that “serves” and helps one another
- There are many beautiful natural attributes in Stafford to celebrate and share with others
- Stafford needs a sense of identity.
- (although transient) People choose to stay here.
- Some common shared values include patriotism, sense of service, willingness to help one another and even though “we are dispersed” a sense of community
Discovering What Stafford Means through Community Forums
Along with population growth, Stafford has experienced societal and cultural growth over the last 20 years. With many new plans on the horizon, the County wants to build upon Stafford’s rich history and incorporate the ideas of all its citizens as it moves into the future with new amenities such as a museum, expanded tourism offerings and the creation of a “Downtown Stafford.” To accomplish this effort, the Stafford County Department of Economic Development and Tourism is partnering with the Stafford Museum Foundation to hold a series of community forums designed to solicit ideas from citizens on shaping the culture of Stafford County.
There will be five forums around the county. Both groups want to hear (and see) as many “voices” and stories as possible from all corners of the county. The first four forums involve gathering input and hearing from the community. All meetings start at 7:00 p.m. and allow for a 90-minute dialogue.
- July 31 at the Howell Library, 806 Lyons Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA 22406
- August 8 at the Porter Library, 2001 Parkway Blvd, Stafford, VA 22554
- September 4 at the Oak Grove Baptist Church, 414 Decatur Road, Stafford, VA 22554
- September 12 at the White Oak Rescue Squad, 535 White Oak Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22405
The fifth forum, held in a similar format, will also include a report to attendees of the input collected across the County. It will be held on October 2, 2019, with more details to follow.
Participants are asked to consider a few questions and themes in preparing for the forums:
- What does living and working or operating a business in Stafford mean to you?
- Describe Stafford County at its best…
- What do you value most about the community?
- What three wishes do you have for Stafford County?
Additionally, all who attend are asked to share a favorite memory, music, artwork, and pictures to tell the Stafford story and celebrate the sense of community that makes Stafford home.
Come and help shape the cultural future of Stafford County. If you have any further questions, please contact John Holden at email@example.com or Courtney Braman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-658-8681.